Code of Ethical Practice
A FAIR DEAL FOR CUSTOMERS
As a member of the Drycleaning Institute of Australia Limited, we undertake not to restrict our liability under the general law and so far as is reasonably practicable to:-
- Handle all clothing, furnishings and all other items accepted by us for processing with proper and due care and attention.
- Investigate any complaint promptly and, if requested or required, reprocess, free of charge, any item which is unsatisfactory due to any fault on our part.
- Pay fair compensation (in accordance with the Institutes Fair Claims Guide) for loss or damage due to our negligence.
- Train our staff to be competent, courteous and helpful at all times.
- Keep our stores, vans, containers and premises clean and tidy at all times.
- Maintain the highest possible standard of quality and service consistent with the price charged. (Value for Money)
- Have all customers orders ready and/or delivered at the time promised, unless prevented by exceptional circumstances.
- Accept full responsibility for loss or damage of articles entrusted to our agents notwithstanding and without prejudice to our legal rights under agency agreements.
- Keep abreast of all on-going technology and involve ourselves in the Institutes up-dating activities.
The customer Advisory Service of the Drycleaning Institute of Australia Limited is available to advise in relation to any disputes between members on the Institute and a consumer.