QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma Mechanical Engineering
- Graduate Post Diploma in Management RMIT
- Certified Small Business Consultant (E-Myth)
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment.
- Dunlop Rubber – Assistant Plant Engineer- responsible for large plant and equipment installation and maintenance.
- National Service – Conscripted and promoted to Warrant Officer, Duntroon, responsible for Army Capital works and maintenance in the ACT.
- Gas & Fuel Corporation
- Assistant District Engineer, responsible for gas reticulation and maintenance Melbourne city and north east area.
- Special Projects – Pipeline installation to supply natural gas to Ballarat, Bacchus Marsh, and Castlemaine.
- Supply Engineer, preparation of specifications, contracts, quality assurance, and testing of pipeline and reticulation materials used for the supply of natural gas. Work involved frequent factory visits around Australia and overseas.
- District Engineer Tooronga 1983-85, responsible for gas reticulation and maintenance to 200,000 customers and staff/contractors of 180.
- Mains & Services Engineer, 1985-86,directly responsible for 6 District Centres and staff/contractors of 1400
- City Brickworks – Scoresby, (now trades as Boral), Works Manager. Responsible for the operations of brickworks including plant and truck fleet, staff of 170.
- Drycleaning -
- Purchased Camberwell site 1986,
- Purchased North Balwyn, 1990
- Established Ruggles Drycleaners, Armadale, 1995, developed site and installed fixtures/equipment. Ruggles was set up as a franchise operation with four outlets, and Peter Hudson was a partner in this business.
- Sold Camberwell to Mark my eldest son in 2002. Camberwell is the main shop, and is one of the top three busiest “over the counter” trade in Victoria.
- Initially our sales were $121,000, and in 2002 sales were $1,500,000. Our strategy was based on location, high levels of customer service, quality standards, continuous improvement, and caring for staff.
- Small Business Consulting, worked with a number of small businesses to address issues and improve performance and profit.
- Retail Training- Drycleaning Industry 2008-2010. I conducted a number of courses for Certificate 3- Retail Operations accreditation, based on improving staff in the areas of customer service.
- US Stock Market – 2005 to current. Trading options on the US market. This involves continued education, application and discipline, early mornings, coping with pressure of trading.
- President of Drycleaning Industry Association Victoria.
- Rotary Bayswater
- Rotary Hawthorn
- Basketball Coach, various teams including Caulfield Grammar.
- Number of Committees including school, sport, etc.
Chief Executive Officer